Editorial Team Leader Cheshire
HealthCare21 is a thriving independent medical communications company based in Macclesfield, Cheshire with a sister agency, Hexagon Medical Communications, based near Cambridge. We offer a great working environment with a vibrant, enthusiastic and creative team, wide variety of project activities and we are proud to encourage personal growth.
A significant proportion of our work involves working in long-term therapy areas where there is a strong educational need and requirement for the development of expert-led medical and scientific content for a range of technology-rich projects aimed at different healthcare stakeholders.
Due to continued growth of the business, we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Medical Writer looking to take the next step up to Editorial Team Leader.
Reporting to the Scientific Director, the main elements of your role will be to:
• line manage a team of writers and editors (currently 11) undertaking a variety of writing and reviewing duties across different therapy areas. This to ensure efficient management of work in progress and assignment activities
• brief freelance and temporary writers, when additional resource is needed
• personally undertake writing duties on different activities based on project needs
• take responsibility for the personal development and mentoring of team members including annual reviews and ongoing catch up meetings.
To be successful in this application you should have:
• a strong life sciences background (PhD)
• 5 + years’ medical writing experience within the communications or pharmaceutical industry
• experience in line managing or mentoring junior team members
• a keen interest in writing
• a firm understanding of at least one of the following therapy areas:
– infectious diseases
While still wanting to be hands on with writing, this position is a management role and as part of this you will become a member of our Operational Team. In addition, the position requires a high level of flexibility, attention to detail, self-motivation and organisational skills.
To apply for the position of Editorial Team leader, please email a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Dr Sally Stringer, HealthCare21, Oakfield House, Springwood Way, Tytherington Business Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 2XA
Thank you for following the links through to this page. Your interest suggests that you want to learn a little more about HealthCare21, one of Macclesfield’s most innovative, independent medical communications agencies.
To give you a flavour of what it’s like to work for HealthCare21, we have prepared three short videos, personally scripted by each presenter and each offering a different perspective.